Already making a difference in the DISABILITIES cause category? Tell us about it through our “What Cause Inspires You” program. Click HERE for instructions on posting your DISABILITIES service story for $500 college scholarship consideration!
DID YOU KNOW –
- 28% of non-institutionalized people in the U.S. with a disability were living below the poverty line in 2012
- 22% of people with a disability in the U.S. had an educational attainment less than a high school education in 2012
- There are 35.2 million adults with a physical functioning difficulty in the U.S.
- Roughly 650 million people live with a disability
- Diseases, stress and alcohol and drug abuse are some factors responsible for the rise in disabilities
- Disability rates are higher among groups with lower educational level
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES TO CONSIDER –
- Volunteer at a nonprofit organization working to better the lives of those with disabilities
- Create Your Own Service Project